You are not connected. Please login or register

What makes you a car enthusiast?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Sally Solara

Stock MK1 GTi
Screw it, Il wager in with an opinion.

I have little/no knowledge of the mechanical dealings of cars, I drive what most of you would compare to a Camry, and I drive it hard and actually abuse it a fair bit. It's not my first choice of a car and it's certainly no show-stopper or street weapon. And you won't catch me trying to convince anyone any differently.

However: I have taken this car and turned it into something I like. Little tweaks along the way have made it unique and MY car. I consider myself to be an enthusiast for this reason. I have always liked cars and can appreciate a tastefully modified car no matter the make or model.

Now this does not mean that I think that someone needs to have a modified car to be an enthusiast. I would also consider myself to be a basketball enthusiast for example, I haven't actually played a game for several years or even picked up a ball in months. But I enjoy watching the game and taking an interest in the sport in general and as far as I'm concerned that still counts.

Showing a vested interest in something is what makes someone an enthusiast, there will always be those that take it a bit more seriously than others and those that will try and belittle the ones that don't.

Sally

27 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:49 am

CRA15

MK2 GTi w/Mags
amen to that

28 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 am

AFGHANGTi

2IC aka Jesus
^ another epic point, its a great debate

29 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:34 pm

GRPABT1

10 second mk3 gti with black rims
Yeah this thread opens up some great opinions. Well said Sally and CRA15.

Regardless of my personal opinion on certain cars and despite being the resident commodore owning bogan I always have time for people from all genre's of the car scene. The pig headed outlook some people can have for some cars without ever even being in one really amazes me sometimes.

30 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm

S3SR

ML barina SOHC
an car enthusiast just has to have a passion for what they love... cars

its not about if you drive a rusty old XD falcon running on 3cyl or an Aston Martin, the true enthusiast can appreciate the car in any form, any condition, but must also be able to tell apart the "dog" citroen, peugot, daewoo (holden even Razz) anyone. not just recognise power and looks but why that car changed our history from model T to the Bugatti Veyron

hoon is just the deviant act that majority of voters give to us who, but we do the speed limit, actually indicate, and dont take 3days to decide if a green light is actually green... deviance isnt always something thats done wrong, just differently

i could tell you what most cars on the street are, and i could tell you even more about any falcon from 98-2008, could pull them apart and back together blind folded

a car enthusiast also has respect for other peoples belongings, and regardless of who they are, NEVER touch another persons car

thats my opionion

31 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:50 am

Swiftest_gti

Founder
lovely comments guys, very good to see people from different walks/makes giving what is basically the same idea. this is what the aim of this website is. to get away from "you're not cool because you don't drive .

being a swift driver, i have had the unfortunate opportunity to see the worst in some people. i know my car isnt exactly a drag weapon or a circuit monster, but i find it to be an amazingly fun drive. it is also the people who don't have a clue what they are talking about that throw the sh!t.

i also believe an enthusiast to be someone who respects their own car as well. i love my car, and i love giving it a good thrashing every now and again, but i prefer to do it where the chances of my actions effecting someone elses life/livelyhood are non existent.

just last night there was a guy in a maroon-riced-up-to-the-eyeballs-civic doing doughnuts between the bi-lo/strand maccas carpark and the seaview in a front wheel drive. had he lost it, there could have been some dire consequences.

im not going to stand on a pedestal and say ive never done anything wrong, but i think that some people in this town need to be reminded that driving dangerously isn't tolerated and not accepted.

we have to lose the hoon badge that the media/society has dumped on us.

im actually thinking of hitting up a journo mate to come out for a cruise one night and see what some of the ENTHUSIASTS do when out driving to get a different perspective.

any thoughts?

Got
Tonnes
Invested
http://www.tceforum.com

32 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 am

GRPABT1

10 second mk3 gti with black rims
Every time in the past the media has been invited to come view/film car enthusiasts they just use the footage for some Hoon story. Even when invited to the Street commodores cruise for charity which runs in all capital cities of Australia annually and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity they decline to come and actually shed a good light on the car scene for once. I wouldn't bother with the media unless you know the people very very well.

33 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:13 pm

littlefireyone

brown mightyboy
It's not that it's funny but it's just bad irony that this happens every time the media want to ask questions. My inlaw is Ian Fraser who works for the Bully and he's regularly asked me about the Townsville car scene and my opinions , unfortunately I haven't been able to tell him much and give it a good wrap since these tards keep swift it when they read something even remotley promising.

I think the solution is we all need to carry a Police dog with us cos you don't mess with inspector Rex

34 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 am

AFGHANGTi

2IC aka Jesus
^^^ +1 for the oldest unread post...
what is it like these days? havent been out in a bazzilion years

35 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Wed May 19, 2010 2:56 am

Swiftest_gti

Founder
still have the same douchebags who put suzuki on everyone else, and there are also epic amounts of P platers that keep the bad name going.

Got
Tonnes
Invested
http://www.tceforum.com

36 Re: What makes you a car enthusiast? on Wed May 19, 2010 3:40 am

AFGHANGTi

2IC aka Jesus
yeah....kinda sucks, seems the Mircos are all at eachother too...bob should be able to sort em out...gotta get the fukn 33 back so we can skid it on thursdays

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum